Stephen is a registered psychologist who works with athletes and non-athletes on a range of issues and areas including depression, anxiety, disordered eating, conflict management, anger management, sport performance issues, goal setting, stress management, relationships, self confidence, post injury / rehabilitation issues and counseling.
Stephen has enjoyed working with athletes from a range of sports such as: Australian Rules Football, golf, powerlifting, middle distance running, diving, Paralympic athletes, cycling, tennis, soccer to name a few. Stephen incorporates a number of techniques when working with clients and organisations that include cognitive behaviour therapy, mindfulness based cognitive therapy, and a brain based neuropsychotherapy approach.
Stephen is passionate about working with individuals to assist in overcoming personal barriers to achieving their goals and a happy, healthy wellbeing.
Stephen has provided services for the following teams and organisations:
- Maribyrnong Sports Academy
- Calder Cannons Football Club TAC Cup
- Melbourne Victory Women’s soccer team
- Victorian Diving Association
- Barwon Sports Academy
- Sports Medicine Australia
- Member of the Australian Psychological Society
- Lecturer Applied Sport and Exercise Psychology in the Exercise Physiology Masters program at Victoria University
- Work cover provider
- TAC provider
- Masters Applied Psychology
- Graduate Diploma Applied Psychology
- Bachelor of Psychology
- Bachelor of Exercise Science and Human Movement
Personal Sporting experience/interests/hobbies:
- Australian rules football with the Western Jets in the TAC cup and Williamstown Football Club in the VFL
- Current hobbies include surfing, powerlifting, golf, Krav Maga
- Geelong – Tuesday 10:30am-6:30pm
- Belmont (Roslyn Rd) – Thursday 9am-5:00pm Friday 9:30am-5:30pm
Appointment Duration: 50-60mins
Medicare: Medicare will rebate $84.80 per session if you have a doctor’s referral under the mental health care plan (please speak with your GP about this).
Medicare EPC: Steve is a registered provider under the Medicare EPC Scheme. Please speak with your doctor to find out if you are eligible.
Private Health Insurance: If you are covered for psychology, you will be able to claim a portion of your consultation back from your insurer. Simply take your itemised receipt to your private health fund to arrange this.