What is Acupuncture & Chinese Herbal Medicine?
Acupuncture is the procedure of inserting and manipulating needles into various points on the body to relieve pain or for therapeutic purposes.
What is Acupuncture?
The earliest written record of acupuncture is the Chinese text in the second century BCE. These days, variations of acupuncture are practiced and taught throughout the world. Although an ancient therapy, acupuncture has been extensively studied for its clinical effectiveness as well as its mechanisms. Over 4000 research papers have been published on the effect of acupuncture on pain in the last 20 years.
What is Chinese Herbal Medicine?
The origins of Chinese Herbal Medicine in China can be traced back at least five thousand years, making it one of the oldest and most long-standing health care systems in the world.
Some conditions that Acupuncture and Chinese Herbal Medicine can assist in managing include:
- Headaches and migraines
- Insomnia and fatigue
- Menstrual related: premenstrual syndrome and painful or irregular menstruation
- Menopause related symptoms
- Muscle and joint pain, such as lower back pain, neck pain, shoulder pain, knee pain, hip pain, elbow pain
- Nausea and vomiting
- Pain relief and management
- Pregnancy related aches and pains
- Reflux and other common digestive disorders, including constipation and diarrhea
- Respiratory conditions, cough, common cold
To book an appointment, visit Geelong Chinese Medicine
How does acupuncture work?