What is Sports Medicine and how can it help you?
Sports Medicine is an area of health and services that apply medical and scientific knowledge to prevent, recognise, manage, and rehabilitate injuries related to sport, exercise or recreational activity.
A Sports Doctor is a General Practitioner who has worked with athletes and sports-related conditions and illnesses, thereby making them more experienced and knowledgeable in the assessment and management of sports-related conditions.
A sports doctor can help you with:
- Obtaining further specialised investigations, such as:
– MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging)
– CT (Cat Scan)
– CT- or Ultrasound-guided cortisone injection
– Autologous blood injection
- Referral to surgeons, as necessary
- In-house cortisone injections, as appropriate
- Synvisc injections